Experience the unique atmosphere of this historic city on Tokyo Bay
Yokohama is one of my most favorite cities in Japan. The reason I love it so much is the unique vibe the city has. On one side it is a typical Japanese metropolis - modern, clean and well organized. On the other, being an important port city has brought ships and people from all over the world who in turn have influenced the city's traditions, architecture, food culture and more.
In this tour I will take you to some of Yokohama's most beautiful and iconic places where we will explore the city's rich history, enjoy beautiful views and soak in its lively, yet relaxed vibe. Very different from Tokyo, Yokohama will give you yet another view of Japan and deepen your understanding of the country.
What to enjoy on this tour:
- inspiring modernistic architecture
- beautiful sea-side parks and gardens
- historical buildings creatively turned into fashionable galleries, shops and restaurants
- the vibrant atmosphere of Chinatown
- great street food
- shopping for hand-crafted and souvenir items unique for Japan
* I will meet you either at your hotel in Tokyo OR at Yokohama Station OR at the Yokohama Cruise Terminal
Itinerary in case we meet in Yokohama:
* We start with a visit to Sankei-en - perhaps the most beautiful Japanese gardens in the area.
Itinerary in case I pick you up from Tokyo
* Go to Minato Mirai - Yokohama's futuristic waterfront area
* Go to the observation deck of Landmark Tower for a bird-eye view of Tokyo Bay, Yokohama and Tokyo. On a clear day we may be able to see Mt. Fuji
*Visit the famous Red Bricks warehouse area for its fun shops and galleries.
* Sightseeing at the city
* Walk by the water at the beautiful Miyashita Park
* Stop at China Town for a delicious dim sum lunch and to enjoy its vibrant atmosphere
* On our way to Harbor Hill and a spectacular view of the harbor stop at Motomachi for its high quality hand-crafted items unique for Japan
* Return to Yokohama Station/ Cruise Ship terminal/ Tokyo
* End of tout
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 6 hours
If you come from Tokyo to Yokohama by yourself (it is an easy 30-45 min trip, I provide detailed instructions on how to come to Yokohama) we will have more time to dedicate to the tour
This is mainly a walking tour but for the bigger distances we will use public transport
- Guiding Services
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3500 yen - This is a rough estimate of how much you may need for food and train tickets.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver, and cannot offer driving tours.