Enjoy the Best Food, Culture and the Lifestyle of Tokyo (customizable)
Tokyo is huge. But if you have only one day to explore, you need a well-made itinerary. Let's get on subways and see as much as we can!
We start from the east, what we called the old town. Sensoji is the most popular Buddhist temple with the oldest history in Tokyo. You get a nostalgic atmosphere in the alleys. Then we catch a subway and go to the center where we have the first modern shopping district in Japan, Ginza. You enjoy beautiful presentations of food in a department store. The next Tsukiji market is a walking distance. You see not only our food culture but also try our fresh delicacies. (optional)
The last area is the west, a modern part of Tokyo. I take you to a Shinto shrine in a forest first, then to a busy, colorful shopping street for youngsters. They are next to each other. I hope you enjoy the huge contrast.
One stop by subway from Harajuku is Shibuya. Before we finish, we get off the subway at Shibuya to see and cross the famous Shibuya crossing.
• 09:30 - meet at the meeting point we discuss beforehand
subways to Asakusa
• 10:20 - Asakusa Sensoji Buddhist Temple and the alleys
• 11:20 - subway to Ginza
• 11:40 - a department food section in Ginza - short visit for 30 minutes
• 12:10 - walk to Tsukiji
• 12:30 - Tsukiji Outer Food Market
- lunch in Tsukiji outer food market or in Ginza or Harajuku -
subways to Harajuku
• 14:45 - Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine
• 15:35 - walk to Takeshita street
• 15:45 - Harajuku Takeshita street
subway to Shibuya
• 16:40 - Shibuya crossing - short visit for 20 minutes
• 17:30 - the end of the tour
- All my tours are customizable. Please let me know your interests and I will customize the tour for you.
- Please feel free to contact me for any requests you have.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Many shops in Tsukiji food market are closed on Sunday and every other Wednesday. If your day fell onto these days, I will suggest another activity depending on your interests.
This is a walking tour.
We use trains and subways.
The private vehicle can be arranged with an additional charge. Please let me know and I will let you know the price and the condition.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
4000 JPY - (approximately 40 USD per person) for public transportation (trains) fees and meals.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.