Explore Sesimbra and Azeitão and make your own Tile! Private pick-up from Lisbon.
Think it's impossible to see castles, beautiful beaches, learn and make your own traditional Tile, as it's made since the 15th Century, wine tasting in one of the most reputable wineries of one of the most famous portuguese wine regions, all in one day? Think again!
Join me on this private and tailor-made full day tour around Azeitão/Sesimbra. As a local, it would be my pleasure to show you the hidden non touristy beautiful spots in Southern Lisbon!
You will also get to make your own tile and get it shipped to your address once the process, which you will learn about, is finished. Make your own souvenir!
- Pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation anywhere in Lisbon or Setúbal. After I have collected you we will drive about 45 min to Sesimbra.
- We'll spend around 45 min exploring Sesimbra Castle (last medieval Castle standing by the sea in Portugal) and it's church with 22 thousand handmade tiles from the 16th Century.
- Next is your Tile Making Workshop for around 2hrs.
- Then we'll have a wine tasting in one of the most reputable wineries of Península de Setúbal region ( José Maria da Fonseca, Quinta da Bacalhoa or Quinta dos Catralvos) for around 1h and 30 min.
- If you are coming from Lisbon, we will pass the 25th of April Bridge (portuguese Golden Gate) and The Christ King Statue.
- We depart for Lisbon, Sesimbra and Setúbal and should be at your accommodation/hotel in an hour.
Please note this tour can be customised. Use the 'message guide' button to contact me for a customised tour.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 7 hours
Private car BMW/ Mercedes or Minivan (I am the driver and guide).
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euros - Lunch around 20 euros per person.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks