Orientation of Shinjuku for guests staying in the area
This is a tour intended primarily for guests staying in the Shinjuku area that would like a quick orientation of the surroundings. Like my other tours, there will be some information given on how the public transport works in the city, including a short ride on one of the subways.
From the major areas like Kabukicho and the "Godzilla Road" to the quiet pathways on the outskirts of the Meiji Shrine, we cover a lot of ground in the Tokyo's biggest commercial area.
The tour is offered either in the morning (starting before the heat becomes very bad) or in the late afternoon (3:30-4:30pm start)
The tour is also available to guests staying in other parts of Tokyo, under a different pricing structure. Please inquire first for details.
Meet at your hotel in the Shinjuku area.
Visit the following highlights primarily on foot.
1) Shinjuku Station, Tokyo's busiest rail station.
2) Omoide Yokocho ("Memory Lane", an area with many izakayas and yakitori grilled chicken places)
3) Godzilla Road in the heart of the Kabukicho district
4) The Golden Gai, narrow alleys reminiscent of the black market from the post-war era
5) Hanazono Shrine, quiet shrine tucked away behind the busy streets
5) Description of the subway system and taking subway for one stop to Kitasando Station
6) Public toilet designed by Marc Newson, known for the Apple Watch.
7) Stroll through the northern end of the Meiji Shrine
8) A walk through the residential area of Nishi-sando before returning to the hotel.
This is the essence of my other tours, featuring tips on public transport as well as a walk through some lesser visited area.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 1 hour 30 min.
Public transportation is used for this tour.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
170 JPY - Per person, for a single ride ticket on the subway
- Public Transportation Tickets
Tours are provided with use of public transportation. Taxis can be used for short distances if you prefer. I do not offer the option of using a private vehicle for the entire duration of the tour.