Private personalised driving tour of the picturesque Cotswold villages and atmospheric Oxford
We travel in comfort in a Kia Sorento SUV 5 seater vehicle out to visit some of the most picturesque Cotswolds villages and Oxford or Blenheim Palace.
I have been visiting the Cotswolds since I was a child and its beauty never disappoints. This customised tour includes visits to a selection of picture postcard Cotswold villages. We will see cottages, churches and pubs built with local stone in this area of outstanding natural beauty. Also, villages with links to the world of TV and film, like Downton Abbey, and other unspoilt villages on the back roads well off the beaten track.
After some lunch in a pub or cafe, we head into Oxford to explore this university 'City of Dreaming Spires' with its colleges, parks, castle and indoor market, there is much to discover and those interested in history, culture and Harry Potter will not be disappointed.
We return to London early evening.
An alternative to Oxford is to visit Churchill's birthplace, Blenheim Palace. An impressive stately home on a grand scale.
Here is a typical day. Tours can be customised to suit your needs
- Pick up in London and travel 1. 5 hours to visit the medieval village of Burford, Gateway to the Cotswolds. Spend time exploring the village. Lots of wonderful photo opportunities here!
- Next stop, Bibury, 15 minutes away, described as the "most beautiful village in England" and then there is a choice of so many villages - busy Stow-on-the-Wold, peaceful Lower Slaughter, Bourton-on-the-Water with its shops and cafes and Bampton where scenes from Downton Abbey were filmed.
- Following lunch, we head for Oxford and there is an option of a walking tour including Christ Church College, The Radcliffe Camera, The Divinity School, historic museums, churches and pubs, a castle and an indoor market.
- There is also the option of visiting magnificent Blenheim Palace, close to Oxford, ancestral home of the Duke of Marlborough, where you can experience a British stately home at its most impressive.
- Journey back to London (1. 5 hrs) early evening
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 9 hours
Tour duration may vary according to weather and traffic conditions.
Kia Sorento 5 seater SUV car Air Conditioned
I am your Driver Guide
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
45 GBP - - Cash will be useful for lunch and drinks
- Entrance to museums and colleges
- Credit/debit cards are accepted widely
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
There are a small number of historical sites where I am not licensed to guide however there are official "live" guides or audio guides available.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a fantastic tour to Cotswolds and Oxford. Nigel is a marvellous guide (and driver). He is knowledgeable, nice sense of humour, easy to understand and you feel comfortable in his company right from the start. The best experience during our 5 days stay in London. Next time we go to London we will definitely hire Nigel again for some other excursion. The 5 Danes (and 3 generations).