ToursByLocals’ Covid-19 Response
At ToursByLocals, we will always put health and safety first. With the Covid-19 outbreak, it has become essential to take consistent, careful, and deliberate actions to ensure a safer touring environment for all. We expect every ToursByLocals guide and traveler to act responsibly to protect the health and safety of themselves, their companions, and the wider communities in which they live, work and travel.
The following guidelines outline the best practices we expect travelers and guides to follow, to prioritize health and safety during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Do not go on tour if you, or someone with whom you have been in contact, are sick or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (such as cough, fever, shortness of breath). Travelers can take advantage of our Flexible Cancellation Policy if they need to cancel their tour at the last minute.
- Avoid physical contact between guide and traveler; no hugs/handshakes for now.
- Vehicles to be sanitized (interiors and door handles) before and after each tour.
- Hand sanitizer, spare masks and wipes to be available at all times.
- Wear masks while in enclosed spaces, like vehicles or museums.
- Be aware of and respect local health and safety regulations and advisories.
- Report any concerns to ToursByLocals right away.
We also expect guides and travelers to continue to embrace the “new normal” practices we’ve all become accustomed to: Wash/sanitize hands frequently; Cough or sneeze only into a closed elbow; Avoid shared items; Maintain physical distance between yourself and those outside your family/friend circle.
If you have questions about the vaccination status of a guide, please don't hesitate to reach out to that guide via direct message before making a booking. They will be happy to answer your questions.
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
We want to make the process of booking and changing a booking as simple and stress-free as possible.
Every tour at ToursByLocals can be cancelled for a full refund up to 15 days before the tour date. In addition, our “Cancel For Any Reason” coverage is available for purchase, and allows cancellations right up until the tour date. You can reach our staff by phone, email or LiveChat, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for any questions or to initiate a cancellation.
For full details of our cancellation policy, please click here.