Explore the Roman city, Art, Food and Wine!
Welcome to Evora, one of my favourite city's in Portugal! Would you like to know it is so special? Come join me in this tour and let's travel back in time.
Since I was a child my parents used to take me there a lot. Besides all the history they taught me, I became an expert in local restaurants! The food in Évora is amazing, based off meat and olives, olive oil, cilantro, and the best wines available for you to try or take as a souvenir.
We'll visit Évora, with the eyes of a local! This city is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1986. Évora is located in the heart of the Alentejo and where we can visit the Roman Temple of Diana built in the 2nd century; also the famous Chapel of the Bones, inserted in a rich history where the inside decoration is made all of human bones.
We depart from Lisbon to Evora, will takes 1h20min by car.
We walk around the City of Evora for around 2hours, includes all this:
- Diana s Temple
- Church of Loios, where we will visit one of the best collections of Portuguese Tiles
- Cathedral of Evora, and we can go up the tower and walk at roop tops to see the best views to the city.
- Than let's walk in the mysterious streets of the city and do some shopping until we reach the main square called Giraldo square.
- After we will go to Bones Chapell where "their Bones are waiting for our Bones" :)
- Lunch time
- Winnery and wine tasting outside the City
- Drive 1h20min to Lisbon
The tour can be customised according to your preferences, please inquire
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
2022 Brand new VolkswagenMultivanHybrid
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 € - 40€ pp for lunch
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
* My car fit up to 4 people, but if you re a larger group, please send me a message so i can Quote you!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
João was wonderful from the start to the end of the tour. We were treated like treasured family members who were being invited into places special and wonderful . From the gorgeous scenery on our way to Evora-to the beautiful and charming town of Evora itself-we could not have wished for more. The lunch was fantastic! Our wine at the wine tasting was so good and the scenery was breath taking.This was a day we will talk about for years to come. Obrigada João!
Wendy Stark Prey