London Historical Markets full of history, architecture, food and much more,,
We will visit the lifeblood and heart of London's markets (Spitalfields is close to me as I worked there as a "Beadle", an old-fashioned word for a market constable). I can tell you stories about the markets goings on firsthand, they were an integral part of London life and its rich history over the centuries.
We will visit on our tour Spitalfields, Leadenhall, and Borough market, one of the oldest, established (1014) and still working markets in the city, selling vegetables and fruit by day, a buzzing vibrant place bombarding the senses with sights and smells where you can buy and try various produce; everything from homemade bread, cheeses, olives, fruit and vegetables, even lobster.
There are great places to try the many amazing different types of food on sale, whereas Spitalfields market has everything from vintage clothing to handmade hats, coats, jewellery, scarves and much more there are lots of artworks and public spaces to chill and relax many cafes and pubs are nearby to visit a must-do tour.
• We will meet at an agreed start point for the tour either Liverpool Street, Bishopsgate or at London Bridge Station, Borough entrance whichever is more preferable
• We will discover the inside of the markets and its history, whether trying the foods on offer at Borough or the shops and stalls of Spitalfields
• Discover the 17th-century Georgian streets of the Huguenot Silk Weavers and the period houses of Weavers Town.
• Visit a public roof garden and see the cities modern buildings up close.
• We will visit Leadenhall market, our prettiest in the city, with its painted walls and cobbled street.
• Once the tour is finished I can escort you somewhere or you may want to soak up more of the areas.
These markets have so much to see, do and experience! They are such vibrant and creative areas in London for us to discover together and try some of their wonderful goods on offer and soak up their unique atmosphere.
This tour as a whole or partially, can be customized to fit your preferences - please inquire!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Suggested by Guide: Liverpool Street,Bishopsgate or London Bridge Borough Market
Duration: 3 hours
The tour will last around three hours which is comfortable at a slow walking pace each market is approximately 15-20 walk away be mindful of our weather but most of the tour is under cover.
Walking, public transport.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
No cash is needed for this tour
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Lee is a knowledgeable, pleasant and likeable guide. We were met on time and he took us on a fascinating walking tour of the East End, focussing on the markets. We had a great time and learned a lot. Highly recommended.