Virtually from my home in Athens we explore the monuments of the Athenian Golden Age
During this Live Virtual Tour, we discuss from the comfort of our homes all the parameters that gave birth to the miracle of the 5th century BC and the construction of the Acropolis monuments.
By always using live video conferencing software and with more than 100 pics from my personal archives, we "walk" together to the top of the city to explore the Parthenon and its companion buildings and examine the various parameters that defined the construction of these extraordinary monuments.
This is a Live Virtual Tour delivered personally and live by me using live video conferencing software and digital resources (photos, maps, etc).
* The Acropolis: a brief introduction to its history through time. Its location in the Athens topography.
* The emergence of the "polis" and democracy. The gods, the arts, the people.
* The protagonists of the Acropolis project: Pericles, Pheidias, the architects and the "demos", the people
* The monuments:
-The Propylaia, the gates.
-The Temple of Nike (Victory)
* The views over the surrounding areas and other emblematic landmarks of Athens (Ancient Agora, Mars Hill, Herodes Atticus odeon, Temple of Zeus, Theatre of Dionysos )
* The Acropolis museum: short reference (note: detailed presentation of the Acropolis museum on a different virtual tour)
During this virtual tour, there will be presentation of a great number of photos from my personal archives, of the Acropolis monuments as well as of selected artefacts exhibited at the Acropolis museum that where discovered in situ.
Please note that a good internet connection is required to experience this tour.
Send your Live Virtual Tour booking link to up to 6 friends, and explore Athens together.
Keep exploring the world with a local guide…from the safety of home!
Enjoy fully private, real-time virtual tours with a local guide sharing their knowledge of history, cooking, culture and more!
Visit a place you’ve always dreamed of, or re-visit an old favourite with a local expert.
Duration: 1 hour
Please note that the start times for this tour are shown in UTC+3hours (Athens); and so please remember to consider the time difference when selecting a start time for your Live Virtual Tour. To check the local time in your own location CLICK HERE
- Guiding Services
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The tour was so enjoyable and educational! Maria did a great job! She answered all of our questions and the pictures and video were wonderful. Very interesting information.